Today CCP had a live twitch stream where they talked about their new expansion Rubicon slated for later this year.
Here are a list of the expected changes for those who missed the live stream :
HS customs offices are fair game – Players can control HS Custom offices and set their own tax rate. Expect a large fight over the major CO’s around Jita. This IMO will be the biggest change in this expansion, giving large funding to corporations in the universe.
Four new player deployable’s with more planned for the future
- Siphon – Steals resources from a POS such as moon minerals, maybe fuel. Anyone can loot the siphon but it can be used on POS owners who never monitor this POS. Unclear if POS guns will engage, although it is unlikely that they will because this mod would be useless.
- Depo – a moveable hanger that players can store items in as well as refit their ship from anywhere in space.
- Tractor-beam/looting device that does just that. Allows missions to easily clean up missions can also be used on the pvp field. – Does not loot yellow wrecks.
- Short range Cyno Jammer – Range of 50km-70km, one time use prevents a Cyno from being lit directly on top of you, covert Cyno’s are not jammed.
Warp Acceleration – being modified so that a ship’s warp speed impacts the acceleration of warp. Interceptors can now follow a battleship to a planet and arrive before the battleship does.
T2 Ship changes:
- Electronic Attack Frigates
- If you haven’t bought these yet don’t bother, the market cleared of the cheap ships within 30 seconds of the announcement.
New SOE ships to be released hopefully this expansion. They will have bonuses to scanning/drone and the ability to cloak.
New character selection screen
Twitch integrated into the Eve-Client
Easy Related Posts
Lets Talk Minecraft EULA
Recently there has been some news about Mojang changing their EULA to restrict private servers ...read more
Erotica1's Bonus Room going too far?
There is a blog post published by Jester that has a link to a Soundcloud ...read more
BB53 - Custom Overviews
Welcome to the continuing monthly EVE Blog Banters and our 53rd edition! For more details ...read more
The Cold War is Ends!...War Begins
I am not going to cover much of the events leading up to the giant ...read more