Higby released the intended GU13 changes to Planetside 2 earlier today if you want to see the patch notes in full scroll to the bottom, otherwise the important changes are right below. The good news about this patch is that it actually gives us some decent content unlike the previous patches, but should some bugs or pyromaniac’s come along many of these features could be delayed again.
NOTICE: Implants have been removed from GU13 due to player feedback. They are left here for future reference
Implants are going into the game and they will be used per-loadout as long as the loadout remains active. With each implant having a timer these implants will only decay when actively in use. These implants will be purchasable with certification points as well as SC and will last just hours not days or weeks.
Here is a list of implants for launch:
- Awareness: auto-spots enemies who damage you or that you damage
- Battle Hardened: reduces camera shake from explosions and flinch
- Clear Vision: Protects against concussion and flash grenade
- EMP Shielding: Protects against EMP Grenade effects
- Enhanced Targeting: increases the range that you can see enemy health bars and names
- EOD HUD: Allows you to detect enemy explosives in a short radius around you
- Regeneration: Slowly regenerates health over time when not in combat
- Safe Landing: Reduces fall damage
- Sensor Shield: Makes you undetected on enemy radar/motion sensors
- Thermal Reduction: Prevents the wearer from being highlighted by thermal vision
They are also adding the Esamir Lattice system as well as fixing some facilities on the ice planet. As I discussed earlier the lattice isn’t the best choice but it is possible for them to make it work if they put in the effort.
- Platoon leaders will now be able to place individual squad waypoints for each squad rather than just the platoon waypoint. Additional VOIP channel for squad leaders and platoon leader to ease communication. This will help make organized operations easier to conduct.
- Potential ESF changes discussed earlier.
- New Weapons
- NS-7 PDW SMG-Low damage for short and medium range, lower damage drop-off
- NC LA3 Desperado Pistol-Burst pistol, slow rate of fire, moderate damage, useless at medium/long range
- TR T2s Inquisitor Pistol-Large magazine with fast rate of fire
- VS Cerberus Pistol- High upfront damage with a moderate rate of fire less effective at range.
- Ammo belt certification for all classes has been reduced
Expected release date is 7-24-13 – Full List of Changes Here.
Easy Related Posts
Lets Talk Minecraft EULA
Recently there has been some news about Mojang changing their EULA to restrict private servers ...read more
SOE Enforcing Forum Rules
Finally SOE is going to attempt to enforce their rules about forum posting. It was ...read more
Planetside 2 - OMFG Update is Out!
So after a long wait here we are with SOE's first of many Optimization updates. ...read more
My Return to Planetside 2
I had stopped playing Planetside 2 around August as I had grown tired of the ...read more