There are many different styles of lib pilots and I am going to try to cover them all this week. Today I will be discussing what certifications you should get on your liberator and what weapons you should expect to use. The typical liberators goal is to destroy the enemy forces below while staying safe high up above. In this initial post I will cover the basic certifications and weapons for a bombing liberator. I will cover dogfighting with liberators, and how to properly setup a bombing run on another day.
To get into a liberator a pilot should expect to spend 2541 cert points for just the basics as well as an additional 1500 certs to upgrade their secondary/tertiary weapons (not including the cost of these weapons themselves). I did not include the primary weapon choices in this guide because that will be explained at a later date when I cover dogfighting with liberators.
All liberator pilots no matter how good they are should invest in acquisition timer, level 7 (541 certs) at least, this ensures you can stay in the sky as long as possible when you get shot down. When it comes to the utility slot there are many viable options available however I recommend that you stick with decoy flares, level 2 (300 certs) should be more than enough. This will give you a reprieve from incoming rockets for five second and give you a chance to get away. Depending on your play style this slot can change very easily especially for those who like to dogfight in their lib’s.
When it comes to the defensive slot I highly recommend getting level 5 (1000 certs) nanite auto repair. This will pay for itself the first time you get it. When you are fighting make sure to monitor your HP and pull away from a fight just enough where you stop taking damage so the auto repair can turn on. This will have you fully repaired before you can land and repair it yourself which means you can stay above your targets longer and get more kills. The other popular option is composite armor, however I don’t recommend it unless you are trying to distract the enemy below and draw their fire. With auto-repair you can stay in the air longer and you won’t need to land except for ammo.
For the performance slot there is only one choice for bombers and surprise it’s the precision bomber airframe level 3 (700 certs). It gives the bomber a more stable and accurate platform in which to rain down bombs on the enemies far below. Remember not every bomber is accurate so anything that gives an advantage to them should be used on a liberator.
Here are the three weapons that your bomber will have access too:
- Get ammo capacity level 7 (541 certs) gives you 95 rounds
- Generally this is for armor or accurate bombers on infantry
- You should get zoom optics level 3 (201 certs) when you are bombing from a high altitude and night vision (50 certs) when bombing low to medium altitudes
- You should get at least reload speed 3 (750 certs). This is the most expensive upgrade to this gun and it might not be terribly useful, but when you are constantly bombing every little bit of time comes in handy, especially with this being a single round gun.
- Get ammo capacity level 7 (541 certs) gives you 210 rounds
- Generally this is for infantry or bombers who have no accuracy
- You should get zoom optics level 3 (201 certs) when you are bombing from a high altitude and night vision (50 certs) when bombing low to medium altitudes. Generally the zepher is used for medium height bombing
- You should get at least reload speed 3 (750 certs). This is the most expensive upgrade to this gun and it might not be terribly useful, but when you are constantly bombing every little bit of time comes in handy.
- Get ammo capacity level 7 (541 certs) gives you 2000 rounds, which sounds like a lot, but you will go through them very quickly
- This is specifically for up close and personal armor fights and occasionally other bombers
- You will not need optics as you will be terribly close to your targets. If you would like optics thermal vision (200 certs) will help when those pesky tanks hide in the tree’s
- You should get the increased magazine size level 3 (700 certs) which will give you 15 more rounds to rain down on your enemies and trust me it will be very useful to have.
When it comes to tertiary gun’s there are a few choice but I will stick with the two main options. The A30 Walker is a great gun for fighting off enemy aircraft, while M60-A Bulldog is good for additional bombarding of the ground troops. It should be noted that if you have a decent bomber he should be able to shell any ESF’s if you are able to give him a shot. I will be writing an article on how to use a liberator in combat later.
- Ammo capacity level 7 (541 certs) will give you 1838 shots.
- For zoom you will want a standard zoom for level 3 (201 certs) because as the tail gunner this weapon will have to focus on aircraft up close and far away with some aircraft trying to snipe from a distance.
- You should get an increased magazine size of at least 3 (700 certs). Each level gives an additional 5 rounds to fight off your opponents and it is worth getting even higher if you routinely have a tail gunner.
- Ammo capacity level 7 (541 certs) will give you 212 shots.
- For zoom you will want a standard zoom for level 3 (201 certs) because as the tail gunner this weapon will have many uses and this covers the majority of them.
- You should get an increased magazine size of at least 2 (300 certs). It is hard to justify the additional rounds after this for the extreme cert points cost.
I will make a post on dogfighting liberator setups as well as how to fly and use standard bombing and dogfighting liberators. This guide above is just for the certifications of a standard bomber and does not cover the actual tactics when flying one.
Easy Related Posts
Prowler Certification Guide - PS2
Today I will be discussing the Prowler tank for the TR to finish my segment ...read more
Magrider Cerification Guide - PS2
Today I will be posting a guide on how to cert a magrider to get ...read more
Squad Leading Guide - PS2
Last week I did a post on why no one likes to take squad leader, ...read more
Flash Certification Guide - PS2
Today I will be discussing the flash and all the certifications that you will need ...read more